We are committed to these issues and are pro-active in promoting awareness amongst both our employees, customers and the wider general public
As a member of the recycle-more organisation, we are dedicated to finding ways in which we can minimise the company’s impact on the environment. As such, we continually monitor our procedures, adheres to all relevant regulations, and use our expertise to raise awareness of health & safety and environmental issues.
In line with WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Regulations, we ensure that all hazardous waste is disposed of responsibly, separating general business waste from material that can be recycled. We work in partnership with TNT to transport waste to council approved sites.
We seek to establish a reputation for environmental performance. This will be achieved by;
- Managing existing and new processes to prevent the pollution of air, soil and water
- Reduce consumption of energy, initially by monitoring our patterns of usage and setting targets for improving the efficiency of our production and operational processes
- Reduce the production of waste arising from all aspects of our operations, and manage that waste in a manner that will minimise harm to the environment
- Encourage the suppliers and contractors, who provide us with goods and services, to follow the principles of environmental management.
- Achieve through the application of best management practices and appropriate technology, continual improvement in our environmental performance
- Reviewing all aspects of environmental performance at Senior Management level
- Incorporate environmental principles and considerations into all decision making
- Introduce environmental management policies and systems which rest on the following principals;
- Prevention rather than cure
- Cradle to grave life cycle, impact assessments and value for money considerations
- Waste minimisation
- Monitoring compliance with environmental statutory regulations and codes of good practice